Garbage/Recycling Guidelines & Reminders
June 2, 2022
Village of Depew
Garbage & Recycling Rules & Regulations
Place garbage and recyclables at the roadside, within five (5) feet of the road no later than 6 a.m. on your scheduled pick-up day.
Place totes a minimum of 2 feet apart from each other and any other obstacles.
Totes can be filled with municipal solid waste including garden and yard waste. All waste must be placed in bags and placed in your Village Tote.
- DO NOT PLACE BAGS OF GARBAGE AT THE CURB. All garbage must be placed in the village issued container with cover closed. THIS INCLUDES ALL GARBAGE BAGS INCLUDING THE BROWN YARD WASTE PAPER BAGS!
- If you hire a Contractor for remodeling jobs, the contractor is responsible for removal of debris. This includes landscape contractors removing trees, shrubbery and grass.
- LARGE ITEMS: TWO (2) LARGE ITEMS WILL BE PICKED UP PER WEEK. Large items will be collected on the same day as regular service. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Mattresses/Box Springs (mattress must be wrapped in plastic!)
- Carpet (must be cut down to 4-foot sections and bundled, each bundle weighing no more than 60 pounds. 3 bundles of carpet is considered 1 large item
Recyclables must be placed in Village of Depew issued recycling tote and will be picked up every other week. Recyclables allowed:
- Paper Products: cardboard, paperboard, office paper, junk mail, newspaper, magazines, catalogs, Milk & Juice cartons, Cardboard, Pizza Boxes.
- Plastics such as: jugs and bottles, household plastics
- Metal Products such as: aluminum cans, steel & tin cans
- Glass (clear and colored)
- For more detailed information visit Casella’s recycle-better: https://www.casella.com/services/recycling/recycle-better
For more Information on the Village of Depew's Garbage & Recycling Guidelines click here.
Thank you for following these guidelines!