Building Inspection

> Departments > Building Inspection

Building Inspection/Code Enforcement

Location: 85 Manitou Street
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Phone Number: (716) 683-1400
Fax Number: (716) 683-3538

Tony Fischione, Code Enforcement Officer x 143

Gary Cummings, Code Enforcement Officer x 300


Building permits are required for as per Title 19 (NYCRR) Part 1203 Uniform Code. A building permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including, but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alternation, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure, or any portion thereof, and the installation of a solid-fuel-burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. No person shall commence any work for which a building permit is required without first having obtained a building permit from Code Enforcement Officer. Permits are also required for some additional items. Please check with the Building Dept Office (716-683-1400) for information on items requiring a permit.

Please secure your building permit prior to beginning any work as a double permit fee will be charged for a permit requested after the work has been started or completed.

Services Offered:

  • Residential and Commercial Building Inspection and Plumbing Inspection
  • Sewer Certificate of Compliance - needed to sell your home
  • Information on building permits for building, remodeling, fences, swimming pools, storage sheds, signs (all types), decks and porches
  • Village code enforcement
  • Liaison to Zoning Board and Planning Board
  • Flood Plain Development

Why do I need to get a permit?

The permit process allows the village to assist you in making sure that your project meets all New York State and Village of Depew Building Codes. This prevents problems before rather than after you complete the project.

How far in advance do I need to schedule an appointment for an inspection?

24 hours in advance.

I work during the day. Can they do an inspection in the evening?

Arrangements can be made for inspections outside of normal business hours.

Selling your Home?

You will need a Sewer Discharge Certificate (Certificate of Compliance). The Sanitary/Storm discharge is required to be inspected as per Village Code Section 187-24.1 to verify the separation of your Sanitary and Storm water discharge. The fee is $25.00. Please contact us at 716-683-1400 to schedule an appointment.

Do I need a license to do plumbing in the village?

Yes. All plumbers need to be licensed by the village.

Building Department

Please apply here for matters pertaining to Zoning & Planning Board.

  • Zoning Board

Meeting 2nd & 4th Thursday at 7 p.m. All variance applications must be turned in three weeks prior to the scheduled meeting date.

  • Planning Board

Meeting 1st Thursday at 7 p.m. All planning board applications must be turned in three weeks prior to the scheduled meeting date.

Department documents:

Building Department Fees
Construction Cost Schedule Fees
Plumbing Fees

Click Here to Access Building Department Forms