- Depew Justice Court
Depew Justice Court
Court is in Session at the following times:
***TRAFFIC COURT IS CANCELLED 5/15/23***
- Wednesdays – 9 am Criminal Proceedings
- Village Prosecutor – Thursday (once a month) at 6 pm and Monday (once a month) at 9 am (call the court office at 716-683-0978 to schedule)
The court does not accept personal checks. Payment of fines can be collected in the form of cash, money order, Mastercard or Visa Card in the office of the Court Clerk, located on the second floor of the Village Hall. Online bill payment is not available for court fees. Please use the Police Entrance to access the courtroom and office.
Small Claims Court
- Heard on the first Monday of each month at 9am
- Call 716-683-0978 for schedules
- Person being sued must live in the Village of Depew
- Maximum suit: $3,000
Small Claims Application (PDF)
New York Courts Small Claims Handbook (PDF)
Traffic Ticket Reduction via Email or Mail
If you are seeking a reduction of your outstanding traffic matter and are unable to appear in person at court, please read the following information to successfully request a reduction via email or mail without attending court.
In order to be eligible for a reduction via mail you must meet the following requirements:
- Your outstanding ticket is a traffic violation (you MUST appear in person for any misdemeanor or felony charges)
- You had a valid license and insurance at the time of the offense
Please complete the following steps in order to properly submit your request:
- Completely fill out the Traffic Ticket Reduction Request Form (PDF)
- Include the necessary documentation with the request form including:
- a copy of your traffic ticket(s),
- a copy of your driving abstract (may be obtained at the DMV),
- If an accident is involved, proof that your insurance paid any claim,
- If an inspection or registration violation, or and equipment violation, proof that it was corrected.
- Failure to include any of these documents may result in denial of your request.
- Mail the completed request to:
Village of Depew Prosecutor
85 Manitou Street
Depew, NY 14043
- Request may be denied by the Village Prosecutor and an in person appearance may be required
You should expect to receive a reduction response with directions on how to move forward from the Village Prosecutor handling your matter via mail within 7 to 10 business days.
Failure to appear in court on the date and time indicated on your simplified traffic information or as directed by the court may result in your license being suspended. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for a response for your request. If you require an adjournment in order to complete the reduction by mail process, please contact the court directly to request a new court date. The Village Prosecutor’s office has no power or authority to grant an adjournment.